MapsTrek is an maps portal that offers accurate maps, directions, traffic and more. MapsTrek does not require registration and never requires a credit card or any payment from its users.
Clear Behavior - MapsTrek makes the user experience clear and easy to understand:
- MapsTrek offers free directions, transit routes, traffic updates and other map features in exchange for an agreement to install our software and receive advertising.
- Advertising is served through in-text, pop-up/under, transitional, shopping and/or banner ads.
- Ads served by MapsTrek will always show the MapsTrek brand and are clickable.
- Browser tabs opened by the software will include a MapsTrek-branded bar.
- MapsTrek software will not change browser settings or reset a browser's homepage.
- MapsTrek software is not Spyware or Malware and will not hurt any PC.
- MapsTrek software does not collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) (unless you sign up for our email newsletter on the Site or contact us here).
Installation & Upfront Disclosure - MapsTrek clearly explains the install process and makes it simple and easy to follow:
- MapsTrek has an easy to read install Primary Notice that requires no scrolling and includes full disclosure of ad serving.
- MapsTrek install process is 100% opt-in.
- All files in the software download include the MapsTrek branding.
Simple Removal - MapsTrek makes the uninstall process clear and easy to understand:
- MapsTrek software removal instructions can be found here.
- All MapsTrek ads are branded and include direct links to the software removal process.
- Users receive a confirmation page after every download, which includes removal instructions.
- All MapsTrek files are removed upon uninstall.
- No MapsTrek apps are installed or software is left behind when MapsTrek software is removed.
If you have any questions or comments please visit our Contact Us page.